- height (measured in a straight line from the floor to the shoulders)
- length (measured from shoulders to the vertical axis of hind leg.
Use a yardstick and don't follow the curvature of the back)
- width of hind leg
- length of hind leg (measured along the inner side of hind leg from groin to the fingertips of paw in the straight line)
- width of a dog (measured in the straight line at shoulders)
- girth of chest (measured 10cm behind front leg in case of small dogs and 15cm in case of mid and large dogs)
In case of a partial mobility of hind legs (look at comparision video below) is required measurement of the step. Drawing no. 3.
- from standing position of the dog, mark first step of for example left hind leg
- walking along the dog mark second step of left leg
- measure distance between two marks
All measurements must be taken with a help of another person.
All girths must be taken by the soft tape-measure.
All others by the yardstick
All measurements must be taken in natural standing position of the
dog except point D in which dog should lie down on his side.